Get to know Big Data
- Get a detailed guide to install Hadoop environment on your own computer
- Get even more free hands-on Hadoop training from leading Hadoop companies.
- survey the Big Data business landscape with a complete listing of companies in the Big Data Ecosystem.
- get familiar with data visualization through easy-to-use, free data visualization tools.
Additionally, if you are a mid-career professional, we discussed training options for you on Big Data here.
Stay Sharp on Small Data
Big Data projects sift through massive amount of data and usually ends up with “Small Data” results. Therefore, the traditional tools of data analysis do not go away, in fact, they have become more valuable. For example, SQL is currently one of the hottest areas in Big Data. The experts on Quora have advised that the following building blocks would provide a good foundation for a budding data analyst.
Microsoft Excel Proficiency
- you can find some excellent Excel tutorials here at our listing of 5 Best Excel Tutorial Websites for the Impatient Beginners and 7 Valuable Excel Video Training Programs. Want get to your tutorials even quicker? Go directly to Your best first step in Excel training and it’s free!
- Get more help with additional Excel tools and resources here.